$845 per adult, $422.50 per child
Take a scenic drive up the Hutt Valley to the Stuart Macaskill Lakes and Kaitoke Regional Park including the film site of Rivendell. Enjoy the awe-inspiring drive over the Rimutaka Ranges to Lake Ferry Hotel on the shores of Lake Onoke for seaside lunch. Explore the spectacular ‘badlands erosion’ forming earth pillars at the Putangirua Pinnacles before visiting the North Islad’s larget permanent fur seal colony at Matakitaki-au-Kupe. Finally conquer the climb to the Cape Palliser Lighthouse at the south eastern most point of the North Island.. On the Standard Tour option dinner is served back in Martinborough at the historic Martinborough Hotel before a night in a Winemaker's Cottage at Peppers Parehua. Day Two sees you head to the east coast and traverse the Deliverance Track up to Castle Rock. Wander along the lagoon and reef up to the Castlepoint Lighthouse. Have lunch at the Whakataki Hotel before checking out the miraculous Mataikona Rocks (tide dependent). En route back to Wellington make three stops at a range of local wineries, a chocolate maker, a craft brewery, a cheesemaker or an infused olive oil producer (varies daily) for a tasting experience at each.
- Duration: Two Days (10 hours per day return at 1830 on Day 2)
- Start time: Day 1 - 0930 pick up
- Group size limits: 2 - 11
- Departs from Wellington i-SITE or from local accommodation by request
- Tour includes local guide, transportation and all entry/tasting fees, accommodation and meals (breakfast, lunch x 2 and dinner)
- No exclusivity guaranteed. Guests may share the vehicle with others