Wine & Wild Coast Tour
$310 per person (adult) $165 per person (child)
The tour departs at 1000 hours and travels north, following the Hutt River into the Hutt Valley before a scenic drive over the Rimutaka Ranges, including a stop at the summit for spectacular views. The tour then descends into the Wairarapa region, passing through Featherston and into the quaint winery town of Martinborough. Here you will visit award-winning wineries and enjoy their cellar door experiences and sample their world-renowned wines before a sumptuous lunch at a vineyard restaurant.
The tour then heads to Cape Palliser on the rugged South Wairarapa Coast. The tour follows the coast, providing unstoppable views before exploring the rural fishing village of Ngawi with its iconic tractors hauling fishing boats up the beach. Marvel at the North Island's largest permanent fur seal colony and test your fitness on a climb to the Cape
Palliser Lighthouse that provides epic sweeping sea views.
After working up an appetite take a short walk along the edge of Lake Onoke (Lake Ferry) and hear about its history whilst local fisherman haul in their catches fresh from the ocean. Then after an exciting day, sit down at the historic lake Ferry Hotel for dinner.
The tour returns to Wellington via the Rimutakas and State Highway 2 for drop-off at 2000 hours.
- Duration: 10 hours
- Suggested start time: 1000
- Group size limits: 2 - 11
- Departs from Wellington or Lower Hutt i-SITE, cruise ship or from local accommodation by request
- Tour includes local guide, transportation, lunch, dinner and all entry/tasting fees
- No exclusivity guaranteed. Guests may share vehicle with others. Private tours available with bookings of 3 people or more